April 2, 2012

One Day at a Time

Corinthians 10:31
Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

2 Timothy 1:9
God, who has saved us, and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was granted us in Christ Jesus from all eternity

Ephesians 4:7
But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ's gift.
1

Corinthians 12:11

But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills.

God created each and one of us to serve more than ourselves.
Ultimate meaning in life can be found when we become God's tools, His hands and feet while serving those in need and those we meet througout our days.
I believe that being a Christian, a tool of God and a Light in a dark world is not defined only by how often we pray or go to church, but by how we let our everyday life be colored by God and His everlasting arms. In big things or small, in decisions on how we want to live our lives and how we choose to meet people in our lives. In how we react to, converse, listen to and love those who God has made our life cross roads with.

 I'm living with a prayer of learning how to rely on His promises and plans, making what's best out of whatever comes, and taking one day at a time - not spending unneccesary time and strength being worried about tomorrow.
I'm so lucky that in 4 months I'll start working at a Christian Private Lower Secondary School (ages 13-16)  starting this August. I am wondering how it will be like working there and what kind of challenges that will show up, but at the same time I'm excites and I'm convinced that It'll be a blessing to be able to share the joys and challenges with the others that'll work there and who have the same beliefs as myself .

No comments: